Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Anger Management - anyone got Jack Nicholson's number???

The people wot know me, know about my temper (or lack of). I ain't the kind of guy who goes around looking for fights or confrontations just to prove my manhood (I got kids, I know I got balls, I don't need to pick on wimps, drive big cars, or pick up tons of women to prove I'm a man). However, I also ain't the kind of guy who backs off when someone pisses me off.

Today, I lost my temper...... sounds like a therapy session dunnit! "Hello, my name is John, and I have a problem"........ bullshit!

Here's the situation:

I get an e-mail today from some geezer in the north of Malaysia. Don't know the guy, never met him, and after this he'd better not meet me.

Anyhoo, this geezer sends me an e-mail coz somehow he's found out that I am a convert to Islam......... OK I've probably lost a few readers by saying that... but wait....... I ain't a religious dude! To marry my missus I had to convert. I'm still pretty much a free-thinker, I don't pray, don't believe in anything much (although some things make sense with a number of religions, there ain't enuff proof to make me believe in anything).

In his e-mail, the guy starts conversing as if he's my mate, and goes on about how I should embrace Islam. He understands my confusion and wants to help me to see the truth about God and all that pazazz. WTF!!!!!! He even added some quotes from the Quran and says this and that about what I'm doing wrong...... If I wanna follow religion I have plenty of friends here (Muslim and non-Muslim) who can help me. At this time I don't need Religion. Never have done. I know about Islam, Christianity, Buddhism etc but at this time there's nothing concrete enuff for me to embrace anything completely.

"Now", I think, "this guy might be one of those religious fanatics that gives Islam such a bad name, so I don't wanna diss him too much in case he has Taliban friends/sympathisers and they come and pay a visit to me".

But what the fuck! This sod has the nerve to send an e-mail like that. I know, I know..... I should have just deleted it as Junk Mail in case it had viruses and stuff, but the e-mail referred to things in my life that Junk Mail shouldn't know about. As it happens it was Junk but no virus (I checked!).

So what did I do. I sent him a e-mail reply with the title "No Interest - Go Away". The message included on the reply was simple "Nobody tells me what to believe. Sort your own life out before trying to convert/corrupt others. Don't contact me again."


Unbelievable!!! The only thing I can think of is that he found my website and got details from there. Now there's nothing on the website that can damage me or prove to create problems, but I suppose this kinda thing can happen.


How pissed off................... bloody pissed off!


Thought for the day: Religion is a personal thing. Its up to each individual to decide whether to believe or not. Don't diss them for their beliefs, but also don't diss them for their lack of beliefs. Freedom of belief.... thats the key!

2 Comments:

At 11:07 am, Blogger ExecutorAzmin said...

Well, Scott, honestly speaking, you're lucky you've only encountered that one person. There are actually more of these people than you think ha ha

 
At 12:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!
Funny stuff man.
Good web page Scott. A lot more... saner than some of the phsychos in the sho... hehehehe. Keep going Your page isn't too hard on the eyes either which makes it my top blog to read. Actually its the only one i will ever read. ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home