Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'm giving up painting!!!!

Yep, after 20 years of painting models and metal miniatures, I'm giving up.

The reason for this is a guy who goes by the moniker "Wappellious" on the internet. He's becoming a real pain in the proverbial backside........... used to find him annoying, but now he's gone too far, waaaaaay too far.

This guy churns out miniatures a heck of a lot faster than me, and his painting quality is just *Arrrrrrrrghhhhh* too damn good! Makes you just wanna quit, give up, buy the daisies and shovel ready for you to dig your grave, throw yourself in and plop the daisies on top of ya.

His latest work has forced me to throw away my brushes in disgust................. well not disgust, but dis-lust............. Have a look:


http://www.dark-age.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=483


A group of 'Banes' for the Dark Age game.......... have a look at the female 'Bane' on the left of the group shot. Ain't she a babe? The way he's painted her, makes her damn attractive...... how the hell can he do such a painting job and make a miniature so attractive????

I give up!!


p.s. Only joking James........ Superb work, I ain't quitting, just truely pissed that I can't do stuff as good as you........ LOL.......... Respect to the Wappel-Geezer, luvving the work as usual ;)

1 Comments:

At 3:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep..that Wappelious is dang good! Notice the blending on the armour..how he combines radically different colors to look like an iridescent metal. Unbelievable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home