Monday, February 13, 2006

Power Cuts near the Equator can be a pain!

Had a 2 hour power cut last night....... not nice!!!

Over here in Malaysia, even the nights are damn hot, and when the fans and air-con don't work, its better to brave the mosquitoes outside than stay inside........ however, when you have two young children that are about to sleep, going outside isn't such a good idea...... so good-old-Dad has to sweat it out inside the house fanning the kids with an old magazine until they fall asleep, and even then has to continue fanning them (was just waiting for them to wake up and start demanding peeled grapes to be fed to them)..........

The power cut caused more problems than that though. When the problem struck I was painting the eyes on a miniature destined for an internet painting competition. Needless to say that when the lights went out, I had no idea where the paintbrush wandered on the miniature's surface........ so after bumping around in the dark for a while and making sure candles were lit, kids were OK etc, I wandered back upstairs to see the damage......... not good, eyes were ruined as was much of the miniature's face. Later on, when the power came back on, I tried to re-paint the ruined areas, but to no avail.......... the miniature was OK for gaming, but not good enough for a competition............... AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Now I need to see if I have another suitable miniature and the time to do it so that I can still enter the competition.

And to make matters even worse, I missed the first half of the Tottenham EPL game....... not my favourite team by any stretch of the imagination, but I missed 45 minutes of EPL footy on the TV....... AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! Hopefully there won't be annuver power cut in the early hours of tomorrow morning when my boyz are playing....... that would really make me pissed.


On a more positive note, whilst fanning the kids and keeping them cool, I did have an idea for setting up a second Blog......... but this one being a little different in its focus. This blog right here, is a miscellaneous hodge-podge of bits-n-pieces....... the one on Dungeon Crawlers (see the link on the right) is much more Gaming orientated............... the new one........ well, I may start it up this week if I can get stuff ready.


What else happenend over the weekend?

* Spend Saturday at Wolfs, playing Dark Age (won again!) and generally hanging out wiv da boyz.
* Found my Evil Dead VCDs whilst cleaning an area of the house, and had great fun watching the first one in the early hours of Sunday morning after the footy had finished. Next up, Evil Dead 2, then Army of Darkness - Classics.
* Spent a lot of time playing with the children - one of the best things of being a parent.
* Caught up on most of my sleep (long work hours, very late EPL games on TV..... yadda yadda - God help me when the World Cup in Germany starts....... I'll never get any sleep!)


Basically, if it wasn't for the power cut it would've been a decent weekend :-(


Currently listening to: Slipknot "Left Behind"

2 Comments:

At 11:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I'm well aware of that power cuts from time to time......it sucks!!!! :(

 
At 4:33 pm, Blogger The Angry Lurker said...

The heat out there would kill me, us Irish don't like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home